What is this service?
- The Pohutukawa Clinic is a specialist medical service for adults (women and men) who have been sexually assaulted or abused.
- We are a dedicated team of specially trained doctors and nurses.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality health service that is sensitive, appropriate, accessible and that acknowledges social and cultural differences.
What does the service offer?
- Privacy and confidentiality.
- If you are choosing to report to the police, special examinations can be done by our service.
- A general wellbeing check to assess stress symptoms affecting your daily life, for example sleeping, eating, socialising and returning to work.
- A sexual health examination. This appointment can be an opportunity for you to have a sexual health check up in a supportive environment.
The appointment can also be useful if you are concerned about pregnancy risk, infections or genital symptoms.
- Antibiotics to prevent sexually transmitted infections and emergency contraception.
- Referral and liaison with community services such as counselling, your family doctor (GP), refuges and court support services.
- Family violence intervention and support.
- We also see people who have a past history of sexual assault or abuse.
- It is OK to just come and talk to us about these issues.
Please ring us at any time if you have any questions that we can help you with.
How to get an appointment
After hours: If your request is urgent, contact the local police, or crisis counselling agencies below:
- Auckland Sexual Abuse HELP - Tel:(09) 623 1700
- Counselling Services Centre - Tel: (09) 277 9324.
- Self referral by phone, email, fax or sending a text message and we will ring you back.
- Referral by your GP, counsellor, Family Planning clinic, HELP, Police etc.
Building 7, Floor 3, (Entry via Building 4)
Greenlane Clinical Centre
Private Bag 92024
(09) 630 9772
021 893 532
(09) 630 9775
Map and directions to Pohutukawa clinic
|Monday to Friday
||9.00am - 5.00pm
Details will not be stored or disclosed.