Pohutukawa Sexual Assault Service
What is this service?
- The Pohutukawa Clinic is a specialist medical and forensic service for adults and older adolescents (women and men) who have been sexually assaulted or abused.
- We are a dedicated team of specially trained doctors and nurses.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality health service that is sensitive, appropriate, accessible and that acknowledges social and cultural differences.
What does the service offer?
- Privacy and confidentiality.
- Medical advice and assessment about any sexual assault or abuse - recent or past. This can include sexual health checks and prevention of pregnancy & sexually transmitted infections.
- Help with making decisions about police reporting.
- If you are choosing to report to the police a special forensic examination can be done
- Referral and liaison with other services - counsellors, family doctor (GP) and other support services.
- It is OK to just come and talk to us.
How to get an appointment or advice
In hours: (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm)
- Self referral by phone or email.
- Referral by your GP, counsellor, Family Planning clinic, Police etc.
After hours: If your request is urgent, contact the local police, or one of the following crisis counselling agencies:
- Auckland Sexual Abuse HELP - Tel:(09) 623 1700
- Counselling Services Centre (CSC) - Tel: (09) 277 9324.
Building 7, Floor 3, (Entry via Building 4)
Greenlane Clinical Centre
Private Bag 92024
0800 739432 (Option 2)
(09) 630 9772
(09) 630 9775
Map and directions to Pohutukawa clinic
|Monday to Friday
||9.00am - 5.00pm
Details will not be stored or disclosed.